The fire that broke out on Wednesday 30 March is now under control. Emergency services, the Municipality, local businesses, volunteers and SkiStar's employees have worked together to take care of all affected guests in place. Easter is just around the corner with new guests on the way. The ski resort is open as usual and there are accommodation options for everyone.
- Thanks to the honorable efforts of fire and rescue services from near and far, they got the fire under control. This is of course an incident that affects those who are affected, fortunately no people have been injured. We are incredibly grateful for the efforts made by the fire police, the collaboration with local businesses and volunteers, says Richard Taraldsen, General Manager of Destinasjon Hemsedal.
At SkiStar Hemsedal, all employees have worked hard to take care of guests until late at night, and opened the store so that everyone could access the equipment they needed. The local grocery store also opened up. We have also accommodated all affected guests in place in new accommodation units.
- The safety of our guests is the alpha omega. We quickly got an overview of those affected, and others who were present, and have had good contact with them along the way. Now it is important that we take care of those who are here, and that they get what they need, says Andreas Smith-Erichsen, destination manager at SkiStar Hemsedal.
With Easter just around the corner, a large influx of guests is already expected this weekend.
- Now we have had a meeting with the rescue services and the municipality, and after all, it is at least good that the scope did not increase. Now there is full focus on the coming Easter, and we are happy that there are accommodation options and a good offer for guests who have already booked and also for those who want to spend their holidays in the mountains, Smith-Erichsen concludes.
This applies to Easter in Hemsedal
- SkiStar Hemsedal is open as normal and there are good conditions in the facility.
- Stavkroa is not affected by the fire. They are waiting for a formal routine approval before starting up again. There will be après ski both here and with other players as planned at Easter.
- All affected guests are accommodated in new accommodation units and new arriving guests are also taken care of. There is still something free and opportunities for those who want to enjoy Easter in the mountains.
- A separate information page has been created for SkiStar's guests:
- Hemsedal Municipality was able to inform about the incident in a press release earlier today. It can be read here: Hemsedal municipality press release
For more information or questions from the press.
Contact Destinasjon Hemsedal:
Recording from the open information meeting here.
Representatives from the municipality, Destination Hemsedal and Skistar will be present and inform.