Working in Hemsedal
Are you interested in moving to Norway and Hemsedal for a seasonal job or maybe stay for a couple of years? Here you'll find information about job offers and activities for seasonal workers. You'll also find more information that will be of interest when moving to Hemsedal.
Welcome to Hemsedal!
Here we have gathered some useful information that can be of help when you come here as seasonal worker and for you who are looking for a job in Hemsedal.
In Hemsedal you have to apply for work directly by the employers. Give them a call or send an e-mail or check out their social media accounts for avalible jobs.
For available positions, check/follow these sites:
- Facebook "Vacant positions in Hemsedal"
- Work in Hallingdal on web / on Facebook
- Sometimes on Facebook "As a seasonal worker in Hemsedal"
In addition these companies have their own career pages:
For accommodation, please check out/follow:
- Facebook "Seasonal accomodation in Hemsedal"
- Facebook "Rent accomodation in Hallingdal"
- Facebook Hemsedal "notice board"
- Facebook "As a seasonal worker in Hemsedal"
- Facebook Fjellnytt "buying & selling"
You will find Sparebank1 in the town centre of Hemsedal. It is advised to book an appontment beforehand.
They can help you setting up an account and ordering a bank card if you need help with that. It is also possible to get your salary transfered to a foreign account number - ask your employer about this.
To work in Hemsedal, if you do not have Norwegian citizenship, you need a D-number. You need a D-number to get a tax card, bank account etc. You can apply for a D-number from the Tax Administration.
The tax office in Leira comes to Gol a couple of times a year and then you can get help with this.
Here are the dates they come to Gol:
NOTE! Dec 5th and 6th 2023 the location is IN HEMSEDAL, at Hollvin Restaurant & Bar. DEADLINE for registration is Monday Nov 27th.
It depends on the number of people registering if both dates will be available.
- IN HEMSEDAL: Tuesday Dec 5th and/or Wednesday Dec 6th - Registration deadline Monday Nov 27th
- Wednesday 13.12 - Registration deadline Monday 04.12
- Gol Wednesday 17.01 - Registration deadline Monday 08.01
- Gol Wednesday 21.02 - Registration deadline Monday 12.02
- Gol Wednesday 20.03 - Registration deadline Monday 11.03
- Gol Wednesday 17.04 - Registration deadline Monday 08.04
NB: There is a requirement for a certain number of people in need of ID control before the Tax Office travels to Gol. Remember to sign up/register!
NOTE! From autumn 2023, the locations for ID checks are at Gol Kommunehus (municipal hall), Gamlevegen 4, 3550 Gol.
Remember to register by deadline
Registration and questions related ID checks should be directed to Aud Kristin Gram Lorentzen firstname.lastname@example.org tel. +47 46 96 49 71 and Gyda Karin Skattebo email@example.com tel. 957 97 189. If you have any other questions, they must be addressed to the Norwegian Tax Office in the ordinary way. Read more here: Contact us - Norwegian Tax Office.
The nearest tax office is in Leira. Read more about opening hours and rules at skatteetaten.no.
Note! There are no drop-in hours at the Tax Office, neither at ambulatory ID checks nor at the Tax Office in Leira. All appointments at the Tax Agency must be booked in advance.
For more information, please see skatteetaten.no.