Cross countryin Hemsedal
Welcome to Hemsedal for cross country skiing. In Hemsedal we have 250 km cross country tracks, have a long cross country season and starts the season very early.
Cross-country skiing during Easter time 2022, not all trails are up and running, but we have several opportunities to go cross-country skiing.
- You have good opportunities in Holdeskaret, where you will find Beihovdrunden and Systerskaret.
- At Gravset ski stadium are all tracks groomed and it is good conditions mostly.
- 20 km from Gravset, via Blommeslettane and up to Lykkja and Golsfjellet's trail network is in good condition.
- The Helsingevatn round from the road and towards Fekjan is also nice on the shadow side.
- The area between Blommeslettane and Hestanåni is bare in some places and is not considered as good tracks.
Cross country skiing
Keep track of groomed cross-country trails via live GPS tracking onSkisporet.nohere you can follow where and when the grooming machine has run the slopes.
Download a free cross-country brochure with a map of the cross-country trails, or pick it up at Hemsedal Tourist Office, at the welcome centers or the various accommodation companies. If you want a more detailed map, we recommend the hiking map Hemsedal 1:30 000 for NOK 145, -. This can be purchased at the tourist office and sports shops.
In Hallingdal you'll also find trails on Golsfjellet / Valdres and towards Ål, and the Adventure Trail which runs from Hemsedal to Flå. Always remember a map and compass when you go on a trip in the high mountains. Trail descriptions with maps, elevation curves and gp code can be downloaded on the app UT.no or via the website UT.no.
Gravset ski stadium
Gravset is the largest exit point for cross-country skiing. Here there is a large parking lot (parking fee), heating room with dining on weekends and evenings, toilet and a good starting point for different circular trails in different degrees of difficulty and lengths: classic, ice rink, ski play area and light trails (until 23:00). Here, artificial snow is made as soon as it is cold enough in the autumn, which ensures early skiing from November.
Artificial snow for securing early skis
Artificial snow is produced at Gravset ski arena (750m + 1 km + 2 km), as soon as it is cold enough to produce snow. At Gravset and in Tottenskogen there are light trails until 11 pm.
Illuminated cross-country trails
- Gravset ski arena has illuminated tracks on the 1 km, 2 km, 3 km, 5.5 km
- In the center / ski center Tottenskogen ski and roller ski arena two circular trails, a total of 4.5 km
- From Moaveien (by the ski center) to Tuv along the illuminated walkway (the cross-country track from the Lodge to Moaveien is unfortunately not illuminated).
Cafes by the tracks
- Ulsåkstølen by the trail around Helsingvatn, is open on weekends and holidays throughout the winter season.
- Flævasshytta, by Beihovdløypa in Holdeskaret, is open from 9 February to 3 May. See webcam for Holdeskaret and Flævasshytta
- Gravsetstugu, by Gravset ski arena, has an open heating room and toilets daily until 11 pm. Easy dining on weekends and evenings.
In addition, there are several restaurants along the trail network; in the center, at Ulsåk, by Hemsedal Ski Center and Solheisen Ski Center.
Contribute to the beautiful trails in Hemsedal
The trails are prepared and maintained by Hemsedal Utmarksservice (HUS)
Since many people go straight into the track from the cabin and thus miss the opportunity to make their contribution at the barrier at Gravset or by SMS at Trefta or Hestanåni, we want to give you the opportunity to make your voluntary contribution directly to Utmarksservice; account number 2367 20 50502.
Feel free to pay a voluntary contribution to the trail! Thanks
Restraint in Hemsedal
Hemsedal municipality has restraint in the valley trails throughout the ski season.
The valley tracks are defined as ski tracks from Gravset to Feten, Torsetrunden, Solløypa, Knuteløypa and Liorunden.
Hemsedal municipality also has restraint in the ski resort in Totteskogen and the 750 m, 1,2,3,5 and 8 km tracks at Gravset throughout the ski season.
There is also a compulsion in all machine-prepared ski runs during Christmas, winter holidays and Easter. Restraint is then valid in the period f.o.m. December 24th t.o.m. January 2, in winter holiday weeks f.o.m. February 20 t.o.m. March 10 and Saturday before Palm Sunday t.o.m. 2nd day of Easter.
If a dog is brought along, the dog should not be an obstacle for other users.
Read more about Hemsedal Municipality's restraint