Systerskaret - high mountain trail from Hemsedal ski resort
From approx week 8 the beautiful high mountain trails in Hemsedal are groomed when the weather is stable. Check skisporet.no for status.
Systerskaret is a great cross-country ski tour on the high mountain, which starts and finishes in Hemsedal ski resort.
How to get there
Park in Hemsedal Ski Center and take the lift up to the Totten 2 lift, here the trail begins. When you get to Skigaarden, take green trail no. 11, Turisten, down to the bus from the ski center or you can take the Holdeskarheisen or Skibussen.
Parking at Skistar Hemsedal
- This is a high-mountain trail that is groomed and prepared in stable weather from approximately week 8.
- Always choose trails based on your ability and current conditions, and remember that the weather changes quickly in the mountains. Turn back in time (or choose another trail). Check the weather forecast on yr.no.
- Bring extra clothes, food, and drinks so you are better prepared in case something unforeseen happens.
- For safety, it is also recommended to bring a map and compass.
- There is poor/no mobile coverage in parts.
If you want a longer trip, stop by Flævasshytta and have a coffee before going back.
Systerskaret is a slightly demanding trail that starts at the Totten lift in Hemsedal ski resort and ends at Skigaarden in Hemsedal ski resort. It is a hilly trail that goes over the high mountains.
Here you get an absolutely fantastic view of the mountains and you often feel as if you are completely alone on earth in this landscape.
You can choose to start at the Totten lift in Hemsedal ski resort and go to Skigaarden or vice versa. You then have to take the lift up to the slope or cross-country ski down the green slopes after the trip. The easiest way is to start at the Totten lift. Get your lift pass in the SkiStar app or at skistar.com.
See live grooming status of tracks at skisporet.no.
Is you dog with you? Remember that your dog should not hinder anyone. There is a leash requirement in all machine groomed trails during Christmas-, winter-, and Easter holidays. Also note that the leash requirement is valid all season on the ski areanas Totteskogen and Gravset, as well as the the valley & forest tracks from Gravset in the east to Feten and Lio in the west. Thank you for cleaning up after your dog.