Travel to Hemsedal
Train from Oslo / Bergen + shuttle bus
Bergensbanen passes magnificent mountains and fjords between Oslo and Bergen, and is itself an experience.
Hemsedal can be reached by train, aka Bergensbanen, from both Oslo central station (22 minutes from Oslo Airport Gardermoen) and Bergen. The train stops at Gol and from there it's only 30 minutes left to Hemsedal and there are shuttle buses between Gol and Hemsedal for selcted trains. See departures and book tickets at vy.no/en or via the Vy-app.
Bus from Oslo
Express bus VY170 has daily departures between Oslo central station and Hemsedal all year (the night bus passes Oslo Airport Gardermoen). See departures and book tickets at vy.no/en or via the Vy-app.
If you fly into Oslo Airport Gardermoen, the train to Oslo central station only takes 22 minutes and the bus station is next door.
Transferbuss OSL Oslo Airport Gardermoen - Hemsedal, Sundays* in winter season
Take the transfer bus from Oslo Airport directly to Hemsedal during the winter season. The bus has its first stop at Gol, then it stops several places in Hemsedal.
- *Sundays from January 7th to April 28th
- *Extra during Christmas/New Years Thursday December 21st and 28th
- Two departures both directions
- From Oslo Airport: 14:30 and 18:30
- From SkiStar Lodge Hemsedal (tidligere Hemsedal Alpin Lodge): 07:00 and 11:30
- Journey time approx 3,5 hours
- Gol Skysstasjon
- Hemsedal Center
- Fýri Resort Hemsedal
- SkiStar Lodge Hemsedal (tidligere Hemsedal Alpin Lodge)
- Adult: NOK 990 return ticket and NOK 700 one way ticket
- Youth under 18: NOK 700 return ticket and NOK 500 one way ticket
- Children 0-3: Free
Important! Must be booked 24 h in advance.
Please note that the shuttle bus only run with bookings, so you will have to book your ticket in advance. Deadline is 24 hours before departure.
Book at vybuss.com.
From Sandefjord/Torp check out car rental here.
Are you arriving to Norway with ferry, check out Google maps on how to drive to Hemsedal.
Ferrys to Norway:
Touroperators from Sweden
During wintertime you can go to Hemsedal from Gothenburg with
Touroperators from Danmark
During summer and winter you can travel to Hemsedal with