SkiStar Hemsedal is Norway's second largest ski resort with several parks and arenas, a large variety of slopes and off-piste makes us perfect for the adventurous skier and families on ski holidays. Hemsedal has skiing from 3 mountain peaks and has a long and snowy skiing season
Hemsedal offers adventurous skiing from three different peaks with 20 lifts and 51 slopes. Here you get 6 km of uninterrupted skiing from the top to the bottom of the ski resort. Hemsedal has slopes of all levels of difficulty and easily accessible free skiing in the forest and untouched mountain sides, just a stone's throw from the groomed ski slopes.
The children's area in Hemsedal is located at the bottom of the ski resort, right next to our SkiStar Lodges. Here there are bowl lifts and conveyor belts, and green, easy ski slopes for skiers of all ages. In the children's area, there is also Valle's ski land with Valle figures, and a mini-park with small jumps and elements.
Hemsedal has a Fun Ride with jumps, balls and a roundabout that is built to suit everyone, from smaller children to experienced drivers. A little to the right of the facility are the slightly larger parks, Snow Park red and Snow Park blue, with jumps, rails and boxes. Hemsedal also has a ski cross track and an arena with gates for giant slalom with timing.
The ski school offers group lessons and private lessons. Valle's ski school teaches children between the ages of 3 and 9 how to become safe skiers together with our skilled ski instructors and the snowman Valle. Our ski rental has all the ski equipment you need for your alpine holiday, and the ski equipment is suitable for all levels from beginners to experts. If you want to buy your own ski equipment, we have the SkiStarShop Concept Store with a wide selection of skis and clothing for the ski slope and leisure.
Hemsedal has a good selection of cabins, apartments and large cabins, most located close to slopes and so-called ski-in-ski-out lifts. There are also two large SkiStar Lodges for those looking for extra convenience and a prime location. The ski bus runs between most areas and is free for everyone. See all accommodation in Hemsedal.
Book your entire ski holiday in Hemsedal with accommodation, ski pass, ski hire and ski school online at skistar.com.
Opening hours winter 2023/2024
24. Nov - 2. Feb
Mon - Sun 09:00-15:30*
3. Feb - 1. May
Mon - Sun 09:00-16:30*
*Dec 24th 09:00-14:00
*Non-stop skiing 26. Des - 13. Mar
Tues and Wednesdays 09:00-19:00
Extra non-stop skiing 12. - 25. Feb
Mon - Thur 09:00-19:00
*Morning skiing 30. Dec - 16. Mar
No morning skiing on Saturday 9 March due to Hemsedal Up´n Down.
*Evening skiing 29. Des - 15. Mar
See opening hours for reception, ski rental and shop.
Parking SkiStar Hemsedal
We collaborate with One Park, which manages the solution at our Norwegian destinations. See all details at skistar.com.
- We have a camera-based solution with license plate recognition.
- Payment occurs either automatically via a charge on the registered card on autopay.io or through a machine on-site. The EasyPark app can also be used, note that it has an additional fee.
- Prices: prices/max prices may vary throughout the year.
- There will still be offers for free parking in selected parking areas.
See parking maps and read more at skistar.com.
Subject to changes. Always check parking regulations on-site.
The main parking lots for the ski resort are outdoors.
- P1, P4, and P5, located closest to the slopes, are subject to a fee.
- P2, P3, and P6 are free of charge.
Short-term parking and loading zones
- In the roundabout at the top/drop-off, P1a, there is a loading and unloading zone. Short stops of 15 minutes are free of charge; beyond this, there is a particularly high fee as this area should only be used for its intended purpose.
- Outside SkiStar Lodge, there is short-term parking with 2 hours free, then subject to a fee. Parking garages At SkiStar Lodge and Fjellandsbyen, you will find parking garages P9, P10, P11. These are subject to a fee 24/7.
Selected parking with SkiStar All*
Parking included in SkiStar All (adult/senior) applies only to selected outdoor parking. To be able to use this offer, you need to register your car registration number with us. See details and registration info here.
*Does not apply to short-term parking, loading/unloading zones, and parking garages. For these, all SkiStar All holders also pay according to the applicable rates and follow general parking regulations.
There are many charging stations in various locations in Hemsedal Ski Resort.
- Outdoor parking P1, P4, and P5.
- Outside both SkiStar Lodge buildings.
- In the parking garages P9 and P10.
Note that all of these are fee-based parking spaces. See details about the charging stations and parking at skistar.com.